Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 10:53:00 -0700
--- On Thu, 5/20/10, Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
well wrong answer. I do not have clue how is LA ...

For a lot of us in the region, we refer to this area as LA,  Lower Alabama.   If you strung a string on a map of Alabama between Montgomery and Mobile, I am located on the string just a little below the mid point.  Fortunately most of the hurricanes blow themselves out into tropical storms by the time that they get this far into the coast.  But, occasionally some are so strong that they are still in hurricane status as they pass over.   Ivan was a very strong Cat 3 or low Cat 4 when it passed over the area in which I live.   Destroyed a number  of pecan orchards - 80% to 90% down or so badly broken up the trees had to be taken the rest of the way down.  Then Dennis came along the next year and banged up on stuff that had been weakened by Ivan.

Mike in LA