From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:20:36 -0400
Steve Noble wrote:
> At any rate, my question to you is, are any of the second two bulleted
> statements you have quoted untrue, and if not then;  A) How so? and B) If
> those statements ARE true, what else would you expect from a group which
> advocates for the well being of native pollinators?, and C) How does
> stating the truth about native pollinators constitute a STATED GOAL on the
> part of the advocates of native pollinators to COMPETE with beekeepers?  In
> other words how does it being “ad copy” make it anti beekeeping?
Truth is truth but you certainly can twist it for whatever purpose you
have in mind. Most NP are more efficient than honeybees, but that is
about as far as it goes. They are not transportable in large numbers and
they cannot pollinate large stands of crops even if they are stationary.
The latter is because there are no additional nectar sources to sustain
them after the crop is done flowering. Even NP like the leaf cutter bee
do not give the farmer all that he needs so honeybees are brought in to
supplement them.

It all gets down to two simple facts that are omitted from any NP
information. Numbers and transportable. Honeybees can supply both and
the NP neither for large scale agriculture.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine