From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 1996 12:12:56 -0800
On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Mark D. Egloff wrote:

>      The time of year  is here when spring cleaning and feeding are in
>      order.  Along with that the books recommend feeding Fumidil-B with
>      syrup.  The only thing that the books don't say is:  How often?
>      I fed syrup with Fumidil last fall.  I thought I was to do it again in
>      the spring but some information passed on the BEE-L leads me to
>      believe that that is overkill.
>
>      What are the guidelines re: use of>

  Mark,
  Where I live in western Washington fall and spring are needed. I have
tried one treatment in the fall and nothing in the spring. If anything
slows down my spring buildup , I will not get the amount of honey that a
good healthy hive will produce. When I did both fall and spring feeding
with Fumidil- B  , I had more hives that were in 3 deeps full of brood in
may.The problem with Nosema, its not a black and white type of
problem.You can have a % of your bees that are not healthy enough to
really carry there weight in the hive. Plus they will die much sooner.I
wished that we did not have to put any chemicals in our hives. All of us
beekeepers should help and do what we can to get more funds for bee
research.If we can go to the moon , we can make shure that the people
that need pollenation ,will have the bees to do the job for them.
 Good luck and I wish you a great Year
Roy