From:
LLOYDSPEAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:28:49 -0500
My apologies for the misspelling of Tropilaelaps.

Interested persons can enter that name into Google and get lots of hits.
Here is one very brief summary that discusses the successful transfer to
Mellifera http://www.rirdc.gov.au/comp98/hb1.htm#DAQ-203A

Unfortunately, many of the Google first page references are in German, but I
couldn't take the time to go beyond the first page.

My information comes from personal conversations with a well-known American
bee researcher and author who has made study of Asian honeybees a specialty.
As he has not published information on the transfer to mellifera, I hesitate
to provide his name.  However, if anyone is serious about learning more
please contact me PRIVATELY and I will be glad to ask him if I can release
the information.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com