From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:52:25 -0000
Hi Peter

I do not know where the "division of labour" crept into this, I can only
repeat what I said

> >There is common useage of the word "subcaste" on many US oriented
discussion
> >groups (to describe familiies of drones and half sisters in workers)... I
> >usually use the word "subset" which makes sense in UK English.

The word subcaste is used by some contributors when describing genetic
differences between groups of workers fathered by particular individual
drones from multiple matings.

I have no liking for the word or its useage, but it does not cause me to be
mislead.

Best regards & 73s... Dave Cushman G8MZY
Beekeeping & Bee Breeding Website
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman

---