From:
Robert Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:23:21 +1100
I recently linked up with bee-l discussion group. I work with the Dept. of
Agriculture, New South Wales, Australia. I spend much of my time (about
half ) on hive inspection.
I also have a small apiary (20 hives).

 I am fascinated by the nature of discussion on Bee-l centered mainly on
the topics of Varroa and AHB. These are two problems the Australian
beekeeper have yet to suffer. I only our industry and Australia's
quarantine services can keep our country free. Meanwhile it is important we
keep up with the latest in research being carried out in countries not so
fortunate.

 I intend to collate some of the anecdotal records from Bee-l and place in
our beekeeper newsletters, etc. At the least it may make an inconsiderate
fool think twice about smuggling a "special" queen into Australia.

Regards

Rob Bowman

Bathurst, Australia