From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2008 08:11:12 -0500
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:26:09 -0600, Bob Harrison
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Through millions of years of being parasitized by the mite, the bees appear
>>to have developed some degree of resistance to its attacks.
>
>This statement is pure BS.
>
>Varroa jacobsoni was first noticed and discovered in 1904 so to say V.J has
>been a parasite of cerana for MILLIONS  of years is a big leap.

You're joking, right? Louis Pasteur discovered heating milk killed
disease causing bacteria in the 1860s but we don't suppose there
weren't bacteria before that. The estimated age of bacteria is in the
billions of years.

Anderson writes

--
Peter L Borst