From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:58:33 -0500
As always James is a full of interesting facts.

So what would it take to get Checkmite delisted and the tolerance in wax and honey to near zero?

It would appear to me that taking this material away would have nothing but positive implications
for honeybees in the USA.

I have written Mann Lake and Dadant about this and never received any answers. I included this
paper

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-08162007-092313/

as a supporting reference.

Why is the industry silent on this while waiting with bated breath for the silver CCD bullet?  Not
one bee organization or supply house has stepped up to the plate.

James, I would love to hear your take on this.

My sense is that the high level of supercedure in mated queens from large producers many
beekeepers have reported in the last 8 years or so could be caused by miticide contamination as
discussed in the reference. The upside potential for delisting would appear to be widespread and
very positive.