Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 07:45:14 -0400
>Eugene Makovec said
>It's a March 2017 Bee Culture article by Kristen Traynor, Dennis
>vanEnglesdorp et al.

thanks  page 38 and 39 on page 39 they said

"we just did not fine neonics in the colonies VanEngelsdor explaind.  THere were some trace residues of neonics in a few samples, but not nearly on par with other compounds. However, its possible we did not test the right matrix - we did not test nectar, for example - or that the product breaks down faster than others in the collection process or that neonics are simply not very prevalent when crops are flowering"

I'm just confused as to why Cornell would be finding them, and finding that most pesticides don't come from the orchard spraying but from surrounding crops, and this article doesn't find any, and I'm sure they also have surrounding crops??  and both are looking at the eastern USA. and the reaserch for this article was also published in Journal Nature Scientific Reporst on sept 15, 2016.

mike
syracuse ny