From:
Edward D Heinlein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:34:26 -0600
>Even though against the law to add HFCS to honey those feeding will end
up with some in their
honey as proven by coloring the HFCS.<

Bob, was the colorant found in the honey attached to one of the numerous
sugar molecules at the molecular level, or was it one that disolved in
the water of the nectar/honey? I am not sure that honeybees have the
capacity to "filter" the colorant out of the sample, and if they could
have, would that have assured there was not HFCS in the resulting honey?
I am not convinced that the presence of the colorant in the honey
indicates that there is HFCS in the honey. I would think a more accurate
method of tracking the presence of HFCS would be to mark the molecules of
HFCS, and then trace them in the honey, to see if there are molecules of
actual HFCS. Any sugar/nectar source with marked atoms of H,C,and O, WILL
express those marked atoms in the finished honey, even if the original
sugar(HFCS) molecule has been broken down into its basic elements. With
all the bruhaha over honey purity from sucrose, HFCS, etc. it appears to
me our focus needs to be on our environment which is already full of
human generated toxins, and becoming more so every day. We need to be far
more concerned over all the other "real" poisons contained in plant
nectar, that is subsequently concentrated as part of the honey reduction
process, and still marketed as "Organic".

This reminds me of Chemistry 101. You take two horrendously poisonous
elements, combine them, and the resultant molecule turns out to be a
necessary compound found in most if not all living organisms. Sodium (a
caustic metal) + Clorine (a deadly gas)= Table salt (Sodium chloride).