From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 15:17:40 -0700
Hobbyist that I am, I am very fond of inner covers.  An important
difference from some I see is that I close the bee escape hole so
there are no bees above the inner cover.  I cut a hole for a feeding
jar over near a corner where the cover can carry the load with less
sagging.  Then I close the hole with 1/8" hardware cloth when not
feeding.

A very strange thing happens often.  The bees cover the hardware
cloth with propolis!  Apparently they don't like the upper
ventilation.  This happens both here in WA state and in Guam.  They
don't care for the upper ventilation in Guam either?  Who would have
thunk it?  Dan