From:
Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 13:29:28 -0500
>I'm hearing reports of 70% colony losses in some parts of east coast.  What are others hearing?

I continue to hear of high losses from beekeepers in my area. Many different treatment methods and similar sounding losses. Seem to be in Upstate NY and my area of MA. I'm experiencing around 80% losses. Hearing of some 100% losses. Some are blaming the drought and pollen. I'm thinking a virulent form of DWV. I'm sending some bees to Dave Wick and Beltsville to see what they can offer. very discouraging.