From:
T & M Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 05:20:43 +1000
>   An exotic beetle has been discovered in Australia which has the
>   potential to destroy the local honey production industry.
>
>   The first small hive beetles have been detected at two beekeeping
>   sites at Richmond, west of Sydney by New South Wales Agriculture.

Looks like I was a little premature.  We only have just got the final
confirmation so haven't posted anything before this.  Also add that it has
been found in another area in Queensland which was as a result of hives
coming up from Sydney.  We are currently working on the situation so I have
not got time to reply to all the aspects of this last post.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA