From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:45:25 -0400
Greetings

I used Google maps almost every day when I was inspecting. I would use it
for route planning, estimating driving time, to get a sense of the terrain,
see the beekeeper's house, find apiaries, etc.

Actually Microsoft's Live Search has some even better "Bird's Eye" views,
but they don't have complete coverage of all areas. But once in a while the
camera picks up some very scenic shots.

By the way, high definition aerial photos are not new. 20 years ago, a
friend of mine surreptitiously built a large kitchen onto the back of his
house, without getting the permits.

He thought no one would notice it in back. An inspector came around and
fined him for building without a permit. He was lucky they didn't make him
tear it down.

Somebody in some windowless room somewhere figured out he had done an
addition by comparing photographs -- house by house -- year by year --

pb