From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 03:38:06 -0300
On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM, randy oliver wrote:

> A number of beekeepers have reported to me that treatment with Taktic sets
> colonies back a bit.

You would have to look for local colonies for comparison.  Here, in the
north, all colonies are now "set back" because of winter coming.  Since I
still have a month of honey pulling, Apivar goes in as honey comes off.
But it has been in splits for a few weeks.  Their buildup is slowing, but
it is normal for the time of year.  I did perhaps my last graft yesterday
from a collection of splits made from queens with tracheal mite
resistance.  It is impossible now to find full frames of right age larva.
The queens are cutting back dramatically and nectar is being stored in the
brood area.

Stan