From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 12:55:42 -0500
>1. There is nothing better then used press sack from a bees wax
>rendering plant, the more slum gum the better. It burns cool and long
>and does not throw a lot of sparks if the smoker is kept stuffed ahead
>of the fire.

I have tossed chunks of wax and burnt cut up frames and have often wondered
if the burning wax might not "scare" the bees into thinking that their own
hive was on fire due to the wax fumes. I myself have noticed no difference.
Has anyone?

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Phone:352-378-7510
200 hives, almost 2 years in beekeeping. 8 frame deeps,shallows.