From:
Lewis Cauble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:52:00 -0400
This paper by Rucker and Thurman in 2012 helped me put it all in to perspective.
 http://perc.org/sites/default/files/ps50.pdf

"Colony Collapse Disorder has been portrayed as an environmental
disaster that is decimating honey bee populations in the United States
and elsewhere. While the difficulties faced by commercial beekeepers
are considerable, our analysis of colony numbers, input (queen and
packaged bee) prices, honey production, and pollination fees provides
only slim evidence of a small economic impact."

"The overblown response to CCD in the media stems from a failure
to appreciate the resilience of markets in accommodating shocks of
various sorts."