From:
Anthony N Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:01:14 +0100
Barry Birkey wrote:

> I have the latest update from Dr. Rodriguez on this years use of FGMO and
> his application method and results.
>
> http://www.birkey.com/BLB/Beekeeping/mineraloil.html

Dr. Rodriguez refers to the use of Penreco Drakeol (FGMO), having found
a site

http://www.chemexpo.com/show/exhibitorhall/penreco/html/mineral-oils.html

that gives specifications for Penreco Drakeol white mineral oils (food
grade) I note that there are *many* viscosity grades.

The latest update from Dr. Rodriguez does NOT specify which grade was
used with the Burgess Propane Insect Fogger, nor is the composition of
the "FGMO/sugar emulsion, provided by Penreco Technology Center
laboratories" specified. For the report to be meaningful this lack of
information should be corrected forthwith.

Applying FGMO by two methods simultaneously is not justified in the
report - each method used alone was presumably not considered enough -
some explanation of the reasoning ought to be included.

Anthony N Morgan,