Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:24:34 GMT+0200
Hi All

We seem to have an increase in postings recently about animals and
bees so here is another little one.

I recently moved some hives to a farm where they used to grow kitchen
herbs. The herb patches are now fallow with wild herbs and I moved my
hives into the middle of these patches. The bees are now working some
nearby bluegums.

Interestingly, a few days after they were moved in the farmer phoned
me to say somebody was diggin up the fallow plots. I went and had a
look and sure enough the lands were being dug up - closer inspection
revealed that the somebody was a large number of bushpigs -rather
unfriendly characters fond of roots.

Anyhow, I went back there on friday and found that all of the field
has now been dug/snuffled and worked except for a small patch around
my bees. The conclusion I can draw is that bushpigs don't like bees.

I would however have loved to have heard the learning proccess!!

Keep well

Garth
Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)