Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:43:50 -0700
> I did a search and thanks to allen I know where the eps boxes are made but I have not found anything to explain what is used for tops and bottoms.

The suppliers do sell lids and floors, but I don't like them.
http://www.betterbee.com/Products/BeeMax-Hive-Components

Mann Lake does not seem to advertise BeeMax anymore.  I found they were
OK at first, but later was not pleased with them.  Search my site for
details.  Meijers had a mould made and we have our own made now and they
are far better IMO.

Meijers make their own lids and floors out of plywood and boards.  Their
lids have a deep rim and the bottoms have no screen.

Personally, I have just used the standard floors and telescoping lids I
have lying around.  The fit is not right, but functional.  I find the
telescoping standard lid perches on the box nicely and pins down the
pillow around the edge, while permitting the centre to loft up up when
there are patties on.  2 bricks prevent blowing off.

The boxes don't quite match the standard floors either, and overhang,
but work well enough together.  I could nail on strips to widen the rims.

I intend to build floors and lids to fit better, but the existing setup
works well enough that I have not gotten around to it.