From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:36:48 -1000
----------
The Old Drone wrote

> Please would someone let me in on the proper way to open these and get at
> the honey without tools of some kind.
>
> ttul, the OLd Drone

Hi Andy
Let me take a shot at this question that you have brought to the list.
Being what I judge to be a professional and some what of a compulsive honey
eater let me try to explain. Also having a fair amount of experience in
teaching the art of honey eating I urge your attendance to my discourse.I
sell honey straws.  First you place one end of the honey straw firmly
between for thumb and index finger of the hand on the same side of your
body as your best set of upper and lower jaws. Next you squeeeze the tip of
the straw firmly and securely to ensure that the tip between your fingers
stays in tact while you are applying pressure to the other tip of the straw
between your best set of upper and lower jaws. With any luck you should
feel the eruption of warm honey into your mouth after the pressure between
your jaws causes  the tip between your jaws to POP open. In the absence of
good upper and lower jaws you will probably want to use some tools.  And
thats it, no more no less. It is safe and can be done at home or in public.
Bee healthy and eat your honey daily. I sure hope I get to meet you some
day.