Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:27:10 -0400
> My most successful use of a bee sting was a couple of years ago when I had
> Epichondylitis (Tennis Elbow <snip>  This recent time I applied the sharp
> end of a bee to the centre of pain,<snip>  but when that was gone, so was
> the tennis elbow, and it hasn't come back since.

Similarly, I had tennis elbow (probably from gripping supers and lifting
them with one hand) at the time of one of our Annual Meetings.  As it
happened, Charles Mraz was our keynote speaker that year and apitherapy was
one of the topics he covered.

When he called out for a volunteer from the audience, I volunteered and, on
stage, he duly marked the central spot with a pen and then stung that X with
a live bee.

It was a great demonstration, but I can't recall that it made the slightest
difference to my tennis elbow.

The sting did hurt, though.