Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:06:06 EST
In a message dated 2/18/00 10:17:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Dear all,
 I am researching the cost of being a member of Local Beekeeping
 Associations. (Not National ones)
 Primarily, I am interested in British ones, but any information from
 elsewhere, gratefully received. Of further interest, is what do you get, in
 return for your money? Members nights, lectures, demonstrations, loan of
 equipment, loan of bees, club apiaries etc.
 If there is sufficient information I will endeavour to do a small breakdown
 and post it.
 Many thanks in advance.
 Pete. >>

    Our Sonoma County (CA, USA) Beekeeper's Association meets monthly. $12
annual dues for singles, 18$ for couples, $6 each for additional family
members. Paid dues entitle members to monthly newsletter (the Extractor),
placement on the annual swarm list, voting priveleges, free use of library
books & videos, & use of extracting equipment. Meetings are 2 hours long and
usually at least 1 hour is devoted to an informative program, usually a topic
of seasonal concern. The SCBA is involved in local agriculture, education and
fairs. We have approximately 65 paid members and an attendance of  35. Anyone
is welcome to attend the meetings.

 Harry