From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:31:32 -0500
(The beer from the iPad)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/6a8Eimr-fm0

If you look at the awkward way he grips, opens, and holds the tap open, you
can quickly figure out the very old trick being performed here, the original
trick was called "a drink to order", circa 1920.   He should have practiced
more, and his grip would have been more natural.

The beer goes from a wineskin, likely squeezed between his right arm and his
ribcage, through a tube running through his sleeve that he has shoved
through his watch band (you see it flash in the first shot of the
performer), and the tube slides into the hollowed-out handle, which has a
cap that he flips closed when he is done.  So he can dispense somewhere
between a quart and a gallon of beer before he must refill.

I have designed and prototyped a few pieces of specialized apparatus for
performers, what I won't say, as that would be telling.
Most magicians license their tricks from independent R&D shops, and the
money is very good, while the work is play.

As for the Flow Hive, I am confident that there will be a large number of
them for sale at greatly reduced prices on eBay and Craigslist in a year or
two, but bees are motivated to forage by the smell of empty wax comb, not
empty plastic extrusions.