From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 18:02:02 -0400
Lloyd Spear wrote

"Does anyone recall that when this all started the beekeeper responsible for
'ringing the bell' had just been told by the inspectors in Maine that his
hives were in danger of collaspe because of varroa loads? "

I posted recently that on 2 occasions I have found CCD-like symptoms in my bees.  On both occasions I was aware of a heavy mite load but delayed doing anything about it because I didn't want to contaminate the honey with chemicals.

Chris