From:
Eric Simms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 12:46:05 -0700
To bee a better beekeeper, it might seem reasonable to cut down on your consumption of whiskey and ammo.  Stick to basics like fuel, which has gone up as both a function of weakening dollar and increased demand.  In the case of honey, it is partly weakening dollar but largely decreasing SUPPLY.  Thus, you can expect prices to go up any time the number of hives is going down marketwide, as I stated clearly.  CCD is a marketwide concern.  All of the honeybee ailments are marketwide because of unscrupulous breeders and other importers.
By the way, you counter your arguments:  with the rising prices of fuel and other commodities, that is yet another good reason to have less bees to be more profitable when honey prices are up:  you'll use half as much fuel and all of your operating costs are lower as I stated.  *THINK*  then type.