From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:24:55 -0400
Blane White said "Here in MN beekeepers can bottle liquid honey in their
homes and sell it at a farmers market or even a store shelf as long as it is
correctly labeled."

Yep, essentially the same in New York.  In fact, a retired inspector for the
Dept. of Ag. once told me (approximately) "we don't see how honey (or maple
syrup) is much different than asparagus or lettuce.'  'All of these need
minimal processing and we don't have the resources to check out the small
guys."

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
www.rossrounds.com