From:
Albert W Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:51:30 -0400
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997 06:49:41 +0000 aweinert <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> [...]

Would not the melting wax that flows down into a cell actually reduce
the interior space in that cell. If so, I would not think that to be a
beneficial process as I recall reading previously on the List that
over time the interior of the cell is reduced by the material surrounding
the
larvae...and then in time future generations are actually smaller in
size? I
believe that reasoning was cited as being a good reason to periodically
replace old comb with new foundation.

Al,

 [log in to unmask] - Scituate,MA,USA
           Cerberus - Three Sites In One