From:
peter dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 23:48:03 +0200
Dear all,
forgive me if this message is taken as a neurotic cry of beware!!
I am not really aware of who your harvests develop in the States.
But I ask the question, having seen this trait before here in France-
Winter losses caused by what?- at least we had a clue with the problems
relating to the Sunflower harvests falling off, coupled with the
inability of the colonies to pass through to the Spring.Varroa?doesn't
help at all.
It has now been proven that applications of Imidacloprid as seed
treatment has a devastating effect on the neural system of A.m.
The losses increased at a rate in proportion to the land treated- and
its ability to remain active in soils long after its application, plus
the resulting metabolites being highly toxic to bees.
What type of bee activity did the bees show whilst working your
harvests- efficient nectar collection?,ability to work in all positions
or just about 30° from the horizontal.
OK, you might have a bad case of Acarine, or/and resistant V.j.- I hope
so! But I f you have Imidacloprid in the area- investigate very
carefully.It must be stated that Bayer are of course  in total
disagreement with the independent results that are building up against
their product.
The Netherlands have banned the use in open field situations since
01.01.
2000.
There are BIG problems in France, and other European countries.
Give me your thoughts- polite please.
Regards
Peter.