From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2017 13:44:12 -0500
Hi all

One of the things that I hear on Bee-L from time to time is that beekeepers wouldn't spend thousands of dollars on products, such as Fumagillin, if they didn't get a benefit. The idea that one gets a return for every dollar spent, is simply not true.

We spend more money on elections than ever before but by anyone's reckoning the current government is one of the worst we have ever had. Hollywood is spending even more money than that on movies and they are mostly steaming piles of dung. People all over the world squander billions of dollars on medicines that either do nothing, or are actually harmful.

A stock market broker once told me he made as much or more money when the stock market was tanking than when booming; he said brokers hate it when prices are flat. So, just because you are spending money, it doesn't follow that you have spent it well.

PLB