From:
Steve Petrilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2015 09:17:48 -0400
In Illinois, if you produce and sell less than 500 gallons per year, you do not need a Dept of Public Health inspected "honey house".   This honey house legislation was passed into law in 2011.    I would say 99.9% of the "non commercial bottlers" of hone (i.e. the local bee keeper who hawks their wares through word of mouth and at farmers markets and fairs) sell less than 500 gallons of honey per year.    The below page on our website (Illinois State Beekeepers Association) contains the link to the law which was passed in 2011.

http://www.ilsba.com/documents.html

Steve Petrilli,  Central Illinois