From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 07:36:23 EST
The insurance question has been being tossed around for a few weeks, but
I have seen few price quotes.  One of my best customers is also my
insurance agent.  He commented to me that I should have a policy to
cover my business (I thought it was a hobby, but I'm sellin' honey so I
guess it's a business).  Well, what he thought could be a $25 rider on
my homeowners' policy turned out to be not do-able because I keep my
bees on others' property.  The policy which I passed up would have been
$300 to cover my equipment and liability for both sting and product
claims (such as botulism).  I have since met with a Small Business
Developement Center (after all, I AM selling honey so call it what you
want, I AM running a business) and their advice was that $300 is a small
price to pay for insurance in a business world.  So for those who don't
keep bees in Scottland, is this $300 fee in the right ballpark?

Aaron Morris
 - The problem with lawyers is lawyers have no problems finding clients!