From:
WILLIAM G LORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:10:12 -0500
I read the traffic on bee suits but did not have time to respond.  I
really like the rip-stop nylon suits.  They are light weight and have no
surprise openings like most cotton suits (pocket openings).  I wear a tee
shirt underneath and even though the thin nylon suit sticks to your skin
it is extremely rare to be stung through the suit.  The only problem is
veils tend to slide up over the slick collar and expose your neck.  This
can be fixed by sewing a stip of cotton cloth to the back side of the
collar for the veil to get a purchase on.  Walter Kelley and Brushy Mnt.
both sell nylon coveralls.  I move a lot of bees to cucumber pollination
in all sorts of weather and get exposed to a lot of angry bees.  Nylon
suits are the best in my book.

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC

--