From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:07:30 -0600
Hello All,

Dan asked:
  How can you tell if your hive has TM resistant AFB?

If you have mixed the proper amount of Terramycin and dusted the right
amount AT THE PROPER TIMES and you still get American foulbrood in your hive
later in the season before the time you would normally treat again there is
a good chance you have AFB resistant to TM.

  You can't clear it up with TM/sugar dust on the top bars.

You might try to clear it up but if I knew from my records I had dosed
properlly
I would remove and burn to prevent AFB spreading thru drifting bees.
Medical doctors will tell you quickly that the proper dose and the timing of
the dose is important for control of disease which can be cured by
antibiotics.

 What can you do if you find you
> have it?  Burn.

Burn would be my recomendation for the active disease.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa,Missouri