Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2018 13:01:55 -0500
Move a dead hives stores to a live one in the middle of aa very cold winter.

I am close to suggesting that the two beekeepers I am mentoring fill a deep
with capped honey and put it on the hive that has survived so far.

The rationale is that many, including me, have seen bees in the upper body
already becasue of the winter we have experienced. My supposition is that
the cold restricted the bee's movement and they could not go laterally but
only up and they may be heavy but they are likely to starve. Hence my
recommendation. Even if there is some disruption to the colony, the
alternative is worse.

I am stuck becasue both of mine are still alive so I made up two more sugar
boards ( "dried" granulated sugar/water slurry board) and hope that lasts
for a while then I will replace both again. If one dies, then I will do as
I suggested.

Comments,

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine