From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:37:26 -0600
Hello all -

Richard Bonney asked if I would pass on to the list the information I found
out regarding "J" film.  The best I was able to come up with is that
Polaroid does not make the "J" film anymore.  All the "kids" I talked to
from Polaroid weren't around back in the 60's and never heard of the film.
They do make polarizing film but not the "J" film.  They could give me no
references as to the specifications of what the "J" film was.

My best assumption is that the commercial grade polarizing film that you can
get from Edmond Scientific,

http://www.edmundscientific.com/Products/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=2119

would work fine for this use.  I think Richard already gave out their info
but here it is again if anyone is interested.

Edmund Scientific Company
101 East Gloucester Pike
Barrington, NJ/USA 08007-1380
Phone:  (800) 728-6999,  Fax:  (856)  547-3292
www.scientificsonline.com

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey