From:
Michael Moroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 20:58:37 -0400
In article <<[log in to unmask]>, MidniteBees wrote:
> I was amused by your
> little tale,yes it is true,the post office is open 24 hours,365 days a
> year.We are not all letter carriers,but there are people,who work many
> varied jobs inside the building.

I realize that now.  I didn't know it then which is why I was so suprised
at the late phone call.

> Remember,not everyone,is a beekeeper,some
> people are "allergic"to them and just plain scared.Did you educate the
> postal workers in your town?

I did as much as I could at the time (this happened the first year I tried
keeping bees and was rather inexperienced myself)  I didn't mention another
postal worker who, while also scared of the bees (he kept his distance from
the package) was also quite interested in the whole process.  I talked with him
for a while.  I also apologized when I saw bees hanging on the outside.

> Yes,there are bad "apples",at every company.

Huh?  None of the postal workers I considered "bad apples".  The closest was
the worker who made me go back and get them, but if there were bees on the
outside I cannot fault him.

Once I saw how bee packages were shipped I thought how it must be "interesting"
when bee packages show up in an incoming shipment, esp. for a new worker who
has never seen them before. I suppose to a few it must be an interesting
diversion from a very boring job, although I'm sure others would rather
handle a package with a return address of "Ted Kazynski".

-Mike