From:
Steve Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:57:44 -0400
Sounds to me like goldenrod.  Here in northern Ohio, we have also had a
drought, but the goldenrod has been blooming non-stop for about 5 weeks.
Does it smell kind of musty, but a little sweet?  Open the hive.  The edges
of uncapped honey cells should be tipped with orange.  That's goldenrod.
Doesn't smell nice, but makes a fine honey.  I took of 80# 2 weeks ago, and
have about another 100# ready for next week, off of 2 hives in my backyard.
 This doesn't include one deep with 10 frames full, and one with 9 frames
full, for winter feed.

Steve Newcomb
Elyria, OH