From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 00:15:42 +0000
Hi Chris

> It might be interesting next year to split up your rows into blocks of 4

I can't help thinking that when bees fly home they are unlikely to count unless they have to.  More likely head for the one that's in line with that tree over there, or has a particular tussock of grass in front, has a branch 3m above it, or has a particularly coloured front door.  Multiple cues, just as we would use when we seek a particular hive in an apiary.

all the best

Gavin