Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:12:32 -0600
Yeasts.

> Pasteur designed his process to kill bacteria. What bacteria are there in
> honey that need to be killed by Pasteurising?  What evidence is there that
> they are killed if the honey is treated as per the chart?

They aren't.  Most are.  Some survivors are weakened to the point of
harmlessness, and a very few survive.

That is why we have UHT (Ultra High Temperature) milk on the market and it
can sit on a shelf unrefrigerated for months.

The chart given was general and from brewing, as I recall.  The needs of
other products probably may vary a bit.  This is, as it seems many things
are, a statistical and probable number, not an absolute live/dead point.

In pasteurization, pathology is the concern, as well as keeping.  qualities,
balanced with palatability.

Obviously this is a deep, deep subject.  How deep do you want to go, or are
you just trolling us again?