From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:22:59 -0500
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 03:34:58 -0500, Brian Fredericksen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>Have you looked at their hives and done tests?
>
>fine don't believe me...why should I care ?
>I'll stake my reputation on the claim of no mites and no AFB

It seems to me Bob's question is extremely fair, and I think any of us
would be a fool to trust in such mite-free pockets on the basis of the
information you gave us.  Have you tested the hives???  And why should we
care if you stake your bee-l cyberspace reputation on a claim that can't be
verified in a nondisclosed location.  I don't believe you or disbelieve
you.  You just haven't given us enough basis to form any useful
conclusions.  So, to answer your question, why should you care if we
believe you, I ask: if you don't care if we believe you, what's your point
in telling us?

>please read this article (link below) and tell me organic is an idealistic
notion...

from the article: "Currently, an eight-ounce jar of honey retails for $11
on the Web, $10 to $16 at Hawaii stores, and $20 in New York City."

$20-$40/lb honey is entirely about "idealistic notions".  And it's the
furthest thing from "sustainable."  Unfortunately, "organic" is far too
often mostly about taking advantage of ignorant, paranoid people with too
much money.  There might be some Robin Hood-esque allure to that if the guy
selling the honey weren't himself a lawyer.  Reading about that kind
of "organic" makes me want to go to Walmart and pay 99 cents for a
genetically modified hamburger seasoned with MSG and artificial growth
hormones and topped with "honey" sauce made of HFCS.

Eric