From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:54:44 -0500
> Can you cite any example of any proponent of sustainability
> wanting to "drag" all of agriculture anywhere?

Sure, just read the post to which I was directly
responding in this very thread, where Brian said:

>> I and other like minds can only hope that these systems
>> break down from the fact that they are unsustainable.

Hoping that agriculture as we know it "breaks down"
is about as clear an example as one could find.

It is a horrible goal, one that one either loudly
condemns, or tacitly supports with one's mere LACK of
immediate and clear condemnation of any such twisted
and nightmarish plan/wish/hope/dream.

Silence Is The Voice Of Complicity!
(The line above works so well for so much of
what we face these days that I had an artist
make me a tee-shirt.)

Please have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy the products
of an agricultural system that has been able to
easily support days of feasting and presents all
around for so long that no one recalls a Christmas
without every ingredient they could imagine readily
available at the local supermarket.

But Spotted Owl for Christmas dinner?  Wow Bill, you
must have sprung the extra $50 a year for one of those
"Executive" Costco memberships!  I've never even
spotted any Spotted Owl.

I served goose at Christmas once.
In a word - don't.