From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 14:51:14 GMT
William--

    I'm a hobbyist with two hives and a third planned from a split for next
spring.  Currently I'm using one deep and one medium for brood in south-
eastern Pennsylvania, and this has been adequate for the past few years.

    The downside of the different-sized brood boxes is, of course, lack of
interchangeability.

    There's no way I'd go to all deeps, as they're just too heavy for me,
and I've been seriously considering the system you're using, three mediums
for brood (with the option of adding a fourth if necessary) and mediums for
supering.  That keeps the weight to a reasonable level, and I believe would
add to the flexibility of the system.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID    | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]     | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."