From:
Hugo Thone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:18:20 -0400
I introduced young (mated) queens in 3 production hives on july 20. Two
queens continued laying egg's and built a nice brood nest. The third one
didn't lay one single egg and the bees did not gather any pollen. I noticed
that the bees where cleaning cells as if they were preparing a new brood
nest. Now all old brood has emerged and since a day or two, I see some bees
entering with pollen, so I guess this one started laying eggs eventually.
Is there any reason why queens sometimes wait until all brood is emerged
before they start laying fresh eggs ?

cheers,

Hugo (half a bee)