From:
Dennis Murrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:52:04 -0700
Hello Allen and Everyone,

Having been a commercial beekeeper I can understand some of the factors
operators with thousands of hives face when confronted with increasing
treatment resistant mites. As treatments require more toxic chemicals
used more frequently, it seems that another approach is needed if honey's
image as a healthful product should be maintained.

Personally I am in the small cell camp but won't be that drum here. Small
cell takes lots of time and expert bee husbandry. It not an easy, quick
fix which is what some commercials desperately need right now.

There is some evidence that bees can develop resistance to the organic
acid treatments over time. But the use of oxalic acid vapor might provide
a necessary stop gap measure so the big guys can produce a quality
product and make a profit while implement a long term solution. Maybe
even small cell? Tap,  tap. Well just a couple of beats :>)

Thanks for info and looking forward to those pictures
Dennis Murrell