Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1993 15:34:00 GMT
Hi..

In Januarys Am. B. J. vol 133  pg 58 an article by Winston, Slessor, Rubink
and Villa describes Enhanced Pheromone Lures to attract honey bee swarms
using nerolic acid.  I have tried to find a source for nerolic acid
but can only find nerol in the usual catalogs.  Nerolic acid is not listed
in the Merek Index so can any one tell me what exactly is nerolic acid?
Perhaps it has an alternative name.... I'm not a chemist so all help
would be welcome

Philip Earle