From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 01:39:03 -0300
> The size of the solid food found in the bees gut is measured in microns so
> what ever they take can flow in with ease as a liquid.

Hi Andy and All:

If that is the case, (and forgetting for the moment about possible
exceptional bee-treats like little chunks of salted Andy candy) then I am
wondering why we have never come up with a liquid pollen or pollen
substitute/extender diet for spring feeding.  I can see that one would not
want to have this sort of thing for winter feeding because mostly the adults
are feeding on the syrup and it might give them some dysentery and is also
unnecessary.  But in the spring, when syrup is being used mostly for brood
rearing it would seem a possibility.

You mentioned that you have done some experiments with liquid feeding, Andy.
Could you elaborate on this a little, please.  What were the results?

Thanks, Stan