From:
Martin Benoit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 10:03:36 +0100
Hello,

I'am a Belgian beekeeper who speaks French.  My English is poor.  Excuse me.

In the last time, bee honey has become the target of a severe criticism.
A widespread campaign and some interviews on radio an T. V. have tried to
soil the honey image, image assigend from the mists of time.

We, bee biologists, beekeepers ans users who protect honey, have the constant
task to defend us against the slander inceasingly repeated about bee honey.

More than 90 % of the civilized country suffer currently from dental cavities.
The cavities procure an example of disease binded to the alimentary.  They
present also the expensivest disease binded to alimentary that the costs have
evaluated at 16,5 milliards DN only in Germany.  The primitive people, living
in permanent contact with nature, would have had - as the skull finding shows
it - rarely cavities, while in the current period of overalimentary, it is
difficult to find a denture without cavities.

I'd like to receive your opinion on this topic (the relationship between
honey and cavities).

Do you know where I can find some research on honey and cavities formation ?
Are there some publications on this topic ? (on species forming cavities - on
on different animal labs on wich experiments are carried on  - the honey effect
on the bacteria species forming cavities, ...)

Your Faithfully.

MARTIN Benoit
E-mail : [log in to unmask]