From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:38:04 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

<<This is the second time in recent years where we have seen
beans in full flower when they were only six inches high.  None of  these
flowers set, but when the warmer weather arrived the plants grew  rapidly and
continued to flower; these later flowers were pollinated  successfully and
set beans.>>

That's exactly what happened to my broad beans this  spring. In the end I had
a good crop. Last year I had Crimson-flowered  Beans flowering in the worst
of the weather, and from 40 beans planted, I  harvested 20.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley

Birmingham  UK