From:
Rett Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:56:11 -0600
I think that people get much more brave on the Internet than in person.
Its the same with driving.  If you accidentally cut someone off on the
road, you usually get the finger as well as a long line of cuss words.
However If you accidentally cut off someone with a shopping cart, the
"victim" is usually much more forgiving and gracious.  It is easy to be
tough from a distance.

 I feel sorry that some on the list are irritated by the new bee
keepers.  However, I feel that both may be to blame.  New bee keepers
should do some research before posting simple questions, but as a newbie
myself I found you can read many  books and some times your questions
are just not answered.  It is in these situations that a experienced
person can be a very valuable resource.

 To the ol' timers on the list: Thank you to those of you who are
willing to help out us who are new to bee keeping.  If you are irritated
by the simple questions, delete them and move on (or join best of
BEE-L).  I see no reason for hostility.

Personally I have found many people on the list who are willing to go
out of their way, and not only answer my questions but add other helpful
tips.  I for one am very appreciative of these folks and find this list
to be a great resource of knowledge.

Sorry to ramble, but cant we all learn to play nice?

Rett Thorpe
Salt Lake City

I really hope that this post does not stir up another huge discussion